[IGFmaglist] Ideas on IGF reporting and concluding sessions structure

Ben Wallis (CELA) bewallis at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 10 13:54:48 EDT 2019

Thanks Paul

I don’t see a guest speaker slot in the proposed agenda for Concluding sessions (pasted below / page 4 here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tv_ZThCK6MqLdTZqU69mjdXgdkEDH_oRkvin4jvL-mw/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tv_ZThCK6MqLdTZqU69mjdXgdkEDH_oRkvin4jvL-mw/edit>).

I wouldn’t see the need to bring in a guest speaker in the Concluding sessions, and I like the current focus on having it hearing back from the various sessions during the week and insights they might provide for the various policy questions assigned to the breakout groups in the Introductory sessions. I think the mirroring in the Concluding sessions doesn’t need to extend beyond having the breakout groups cover the same sub-themes and the same policy question discussions as during the Introductory sessions.

Ben

Agenda

  *   Welcome and Introduction - 5 mins

MAG member to welcome attendees, link back to the expectations noted during the Introductory session and the theme’s narrative

  *   Break-out discussion - 40 mins

Participants break into discussion groups per sub-theme and discuss take-aways from their respective sessions to answer the policy questions presented in the sub-group in the introductory session

  *   Plenary Q&A - 60 mins

Break-out groups report back to plenary on their discussions, noting key issues emerging from their sessions, sharing any solutions, initiatives, best practices raised as well as any policy issues, questions that require further research, discussion or action. A final round of reactions and inputs from participants is encouraged. 60 mins

  *   Conclusion - 5 mins

MAG member provides a brief summary and concluding remarks