[IGFmaglist] IGF 2019 Argentine Participation

Ricardo Andres Perez rperez at Modernizacion.gob.ar
Thu Oct 24 10:32:25 EDT 2019

Dears MAG member,

I hope this mail finds you all well. Unfortunately for personal reasons I will not be able to travel to the IGF this year. However, Argentine Undersecretary of ICT Regulation, Oscar Gonzalez, will be participating from November 26 to 28.

Oscar Gonzalez is a lawyer with more than 20 years if experience in the ICT sector (both private and public). Since February 2016, as Undersecretary of  Regulation at Argentine ICT Secretariat, Oscar is responsible for elaborating and proposing ICT, telecom and postal services regulations.

Among his responsibilities, he coordinates the Working Group on Internet Services at the ICT Secretariat, with the mission to propose policies and regulations regarding Internet services. The Working Group has focused its efforts on the so-called OTT services, IoT and Big Data, promoting consultation with and participation of civil society, academia, technical community and private sector with a multi stakeholder approach.

This year Oscar will be participating in the panel on “Closing the Digital Gap for Marginalized Communities” and I think it will be an excellent opportunity to meet MAG Members and discuss his experience and work done in Argentina and the main challenges we are facing.

Please do not hesitate to let me know in order to arrange meetings.
Thank you.
Regards

Ing. Ricardo A. Pérez

Director de Convergencia y Nuevas Tecnologías

Subsecretaria de Regulación

Perú 103 - Piso 13° CABA | Tel: +54 11 - 4347 9574

rperez at modernizacion.gob.ar<mailto:mhipperdinger at mincomunicaciones.gob.ar>

[1536941041737_PastedImage]