[IGFmaglist] Important: Amended IGF 2020 Draft Schedule - 2-17 November

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Thu Aug 20 08:28:04 EDT 2020

Dear All,

Please find attached amended IGF 2020 draft schedule.

In light of our most recent discussion on the schedule, and concerns
raised by some of you regarding the duration of the meeting, I asked the
Secretariat to try to produce a more compact schedule. They did a
brilliant job and now the first phase is shortened to five workdays (2-6
November, with up to three parallel tracks). The second stage stays as
initially agreed: 9-17 November (seven workdays) with up to three
parallel tracks and only on one occasion for one session (thematic
concluding sessions), four parallel tracks.

With this more compact schedule IGF 2020 will take place from*2 to 17
November 2020*.

Please send your feedback by end of day Monday, 24 August. Can you check
for overlaps between sessions that require rescheduling.

A few related notes for your attention:

  * The schedule is populated with sessions following the preferences
    for times the Secretariat received from session organisers and the
    geographic position of the majority of speakers
  * Each day has a maximum of three parallel tracks of sessions with the
    exception of the thematic concluding sessions
  * The 60-min breaks will allow for networking opportunities if
    participants wish to meet each other but also give participants the
    opportunity to take meal/rest/bathroom etc. breaks. We aim to have
    'active' networking sessions (e.g. regional get togethers) as well
    as 'passive networking sessions' (spaces where people can visit,
    hangout, look at 'posters' etc.)
  * The main sessions, high-level leaders track and opening/closing
    ceremonies do not overlap with any of the sessions. However,
    participants that do not want to take part in these sessions can
    visit the IGF Village (the schedule will include a note on this)

Best regards,

Anriette Esterhuysen