[IGFmaglist] Revised IGF 2020 Call For Validation of Thematic Tracks and Action Items

Jutta Croll jcroll at digitale-chancen.de
Wed Jan 22 13:04:55 EST 2020

Dear all,

thanks a lot for the thorough deliberations on the text of the call that took place yesterday on the list; I'm sorry for not having been able to contribute to yesterday’s debates. From a virtual meeting we had yesterday late evening with the Dynamic Coalitions I can confirm strong support for opening the thematic tracks in regard of environmental issues, be it either horizontal or vertical. DCs felt the necessity for the IGF to address these issues in an adequate manner.

 I support the revised version and will be happy to spread the word in English and German language to the community in order to gain as much responses as possible.

Nonetheless please allow me to express my concerns with regard to asking the community for their consent or dissent with the three thematic tracks as the first question in the survey. People might not have read the very lengthy introductory note to the question although it is marked as IMPORTANT!, thus missing the rationale behind the chosen three tracks. I am worried how the MAG will deal with a potential result of a reasonable percentage of respondents expressing their dissent with the three tracks. I do think the survey would also work when starting with just asking for potential sub themes. It might be too late for these suggested changes, nonetheless I would like to ask the MAG and the secretariat to consider the implications of such an outcome.

Kind regards

Jutta
**********************************
Jutta Croll M. A.
Stiftung Digitale Chancen
- Projektleitung Kinderschutz und Kinderrechte in der digitalen Welt -
- Vorsitzende des Vorstands / Chairwoman of the board -
Chausseestr. 15
D-10115 Berlin
Germany

Skype: jcrollSDC