[Wg-mwp] Suggestion on IGF major intersessional policy program

Jim Prendergast jim at GALWAYSG.COM
Mon Dec 4 16:57:30 EST 2017

I too am concerned with workload on the secretariat and I think the questions Renata raises are important ones.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wg-mwp [mailto:wg-mwp-bounces at intgovforum.org] On Behalf Of Renata Aquino Ribeiro
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 12:12 PM
To: wg-mwp <wg-mwp at intgovforum.org>
Subject: Re: [Wg-mwp] Suggestion on IGF major intersessional policy program

Hi

I agree with Markus points.

And also I'm concerned about the timing of this.

When is the new MAG being seated?

They will already have this decision made for them for IGF2018?

Will the outcomes of the Taking Stock session be disregarded?

There could be several points made there about CENB and intersessional activities that need to be discussed before this anticipated renewal for 2018 of this work.

So seems rather rushed to approve this now. And risky, without public feedback from Taking Stock.

Best,

Renata