[Wg-mwp] Proposed Poll for IGF 2017 - as ready for MAG review

Lynn St.Amour st.amour at bluewin.ch
Wed Dec 13 17:10:45 EST 2017

Dear WG members,

first, thank you to everyone for a fairly herculean effort to turn this around so quickly.  Given the support this has received on list I am going to propose that the MAG approve this for launching during the IGF.

The Secretariat has suggested the top 20 TAGS (see attached poll for listing), “the list of top 20 tags was sourced from all our workshop proposals (not just those selected) received this year, in order of popularity.  These are the 20 most popular out of 152 different tags, sourced from 268 proposals, so the pool is quite representative and large (relatively speaking - in an IGF context!). Scanning the list quickly, it offers a good balance of topics, including some 'frontier issues' like AI, Big Data and IoT, which we saw a major spike in this year. “

I incorporated the recommendations from ICC Basis which I think made a good improvement.

The secretariat and the Poll experts from the EBU have a few minor decisions to make re implementation and they are working this as we speak (hence the comments in the document).

Hope this is clear, I am between flights and rushing to get these mails out.