[Wg-mwp] Session selection proposal

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Tue Nov 21 00:14:55 EST 2017

On 20/11/17 3:31 am, Wout de Natris wrote:
> The MAG could ask the different stakeholder groups for the issues that
> they see as most prominent for the coming year. Once they are
> identified each group is invited to present proposals. The best in
> each group win. There could be a division between "selected" and
> "free" proposals, so that other issues not foreseen can have a slot as
> well.

My main concern with this would be that some of the organizations that
represent stakeholder groups can be a bit political and that this might
lead to only safe and anaemic proposals coming forward from that group,
if the process was not managed to avoid this outcome.

> A BPF gets a one hour slot, while at present this is _the_ tangible
> outcome. The workshops seldom are. If we discuss making tangible
> outcomes more prominent it might be worthwhile to discuss how to make
> the work leading up to an outcome more prominent within the IGF. To
> make it more interesting for those not participating or even those not
> present to participate (in the future).

+1

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2016/11/27/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: 75D2 4C0D 35EA EA2F 8CA8 8F79 4911 EC4A EDDF 1122