[Wg-mwp] comments on IGF Document programme + poll and subgroup suggestions

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:48:25 EDT 2017

Hi

I have made some suggestions and questions to IGF Programme doc
Some questions too, sorry but some of the text I did not understand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NfBFJI_B1AfiOjDXR-7snsP8BCe2yhSbSy91SgCYdB4/edit?usp=sharing

About the poll suggestion

http://intgovforum.org/mailman/private/wg-mwp_intgovforum.org/2017-October/000063.html

This is a good idea but I don't understand what are the metrics here.
The poll would be "fully open".
What does this mean? Online poll? People would be reached F2F?
I think these characteristics would determine how they answer the poll.

A couple of friends in a cafe who just arrived to IGF will be happy
and answer poll that all is well, nothing needs to be changed.

Completely different answers on last day if the group has organized a
lot of events.

So I'd kindly ask the group for more clarification on metrics and
methods for this investigation.

About the proposed sub-group on academic publication on IGF

http://intgovforum.org/mailman/private/wg-mwp_intgovforum.org/2017-October/000042.html

Closing a group on expertise level and members numbers seems against
the nature of IGF and maybe is not recommended for a truly independent
and impartial research piece on the event. If this is a blog with
opinion pieces, maybe. But then the connection to IGF could be
informal.

These are just a few thoughts, please let me know if I can contribute more.

Apologies Lynn and all for the delay in responding and also won't make
it to the 2nd Nov meeting 13:00 UTC but look forward for summary.

Thanks

Renata