[Wg-mwp] [Ext] Re: IGF WG-MWP Draft meeting summery # 2

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Thu Oct 19 12:18:37 EDT 2017

Good afternoon

Am so sorry I missed the Call (delayed flights back from Buenos Aires).

I would have said (and realise a bit late now):

1. Very pleased to be part of this important WG.

2.  Had no problems with notes but was also troubled by the suggested criteria for any sub group. Did I see reference to academic papers?  Was this a joke? Also agree we should not limit numbers.

3.  On broader themes I think we should consider an issue (and I would suggest as an initial idea “governance of cyberspace” and work on it over say 2 IGFs. This will be a defining theme in UN and (possibly) ITU PP-18 and it seems only right that debate should be wider than governments.

Best

Nigel

Sent from my iPhone