[Wg-mwp] Some input for the discussion

Anupam Agrawal anupam.agrawal at tcs.com
Mon Oct 30 23:18:39 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I would like to second the comment of Wout's on less participation by
traditional industry. You don't find them in IGF as most of them are happy
to get represented through one or the other industry forums. It is
important to have them participate more readily in these discussions.

Additionally, there are reports from the likes of Gartner/ IDC (No
preference - just for reference) which tells say the top ten areas which
are of important for the board of the traditional companies. These areas
of important when mapped to IGF workings and discussions will definitely
allow more traction. Example of the issues can be Internet Jurisdiction
issues/ discussion, data governance which have the potential to get the
eyeballs.Reaching out rather than doing the poll in IGF will allow more
insights into what should be the path forward.

Best Regards,
Anupam Agrawal

| Corporate Industry Forums & Standards Cell | Tata Consultancy Services |
T: +91 33 6636 8561; VOIP: 433 8561; M: +91 990 399 2838 |