[Wg-mwp] IGF WG-MWP

Flávio Rech Wagner flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Sep 21 13:12:48 EDT 2017

Dear Lynn

Thank you very much for the excellent draft summary from our first
meeting. I have very few comments to add.

Regarding items 2b and 2c, maybe we could add that the early
identification of key themes could be useful also for the selection of
new major policy questions to be addressed by dedicated working groups
during the intersessional work, for instance succeeding the current CENB
effort.

Regarding items 2c and 2e, maybe we could add that themes arising from
the SDGs could be selected in advance for the main sessions on a
rotating basis (in subsequent years).

Regarding items 2c, 2g and 2i, maybe we could add that the MAG could
identify relevant societal (social, economic, ...) themes that are not
yet adequately addressed by the IGF, so as to make the IGF relevant and
useful for other communities and entities, which could become new IGF
partners.

Best,

Flavio

> Dear WG members,
>
> please find attached a DRAFT meeting summary from our 1st WG meeting.  I would appreciate receiving any comments/edits before the end of this week (Sept. 22nd) at which point we will consolidate and publish the meeting summary.
>
> I will also send out a Doodle poll separately for our next few meetings.

> PS. apologies for the delay in drafting the summary, it was not expected and unfortunately couldn’t be helped

Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner		   Tel: +55-51-3308 9494
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul  Fax: +55-51-3308 7308
Instituto de Informática		   E-mail: flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Porto Alegre, Brasil			   URL: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~flavio