[Wg-mwp] Final option paper for information

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Fri Feb 9 18:57:11 EST 2018

Hello all,

Before last year's IGF, some of us broke off into a drafting group to
prepare a short option paper for consideration of the full working
group, outlining a range of possible approaches towards the fulfilment
of the IGF's mandate from paragraph 72(g) of the Tunis Agenda to
"Identify emerging issues, bring them to the attention of the relevant
bodies and the general public, and, where appropriate, make
recommendations."

We have since completed that option paper, which I am now sending to
this group for information only. Thanks to those who contributed
especially Wout de Natris, Flávio Wagner, Antoine Vergne, and Pradeep
Balachandran. We will consider this document as a group once we reconvene.

Even though the working group has not had the opportunity to consider
the option paper yet, I would quite like to also submit it as a "work in
progress" to the Taking Stock review which closes on 11 February. Does
anyone have strong feelings about that? If there are objections, I won't
do so.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2016/11/27/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: 75D2 4C0D 35EA EA2F 8CA8 8F79 4911 EC4A EDDF 1122