[Wg-mwp] MAG WG: MWP - Meeting III, June 26, 2018 - 1300 -1400 UTC — Webex Invitation and Agenda

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at Internet-Matters.org
Mon Jun 25 13:40:31 EDT 2018

Dear WG Members,

please find the link below for our next meeting.  You are not required to register, just click the link below.

The draft agenda is as follows, all comments welcome.

DRAFT AGENDA:

1 - Intro/Logistics/Admin

2 - Continue with review on the following proposals - purpose is to agree next steps:

Proposal for an “IGF Programme Framework”
Option Paper on Methodologies for the Development of Written IGF Outputs (updates only as largely covered on last call)
Strengthening Cooperation within the Context of the IGF: A Roadmap for 2018 (updates only as largely covered on last call)

3 -  Next steps on engaging MAG, IGF community, Intersessional activities, and NRIs in the development of a multi-year strategic work programme

      As a proposed next step, we could discuss how to engage the full MAG and the community in identifying topics to go forward in a multi-year program.   From the last meeting summary: “…it was suggested that an agenda setting process drawing on existing processes and IGF intersessional work, could lead to activities during IGF 2018, which could draw on key messages from across the IGF ecosystem and then be used to identify topics to go forward in a multi-year program."

We have or will have the following to begin guiding the discussion:
'IGF Call for Issues’ - community process
'IGF 2018 WS Call for Proposals’ - community process
IGF Intersessional activities - community process
NRI activities - community process
‘IGF 2018 Annual Meeting Agenda (will have in July) - MAG/community process
UN “Frontier" issues (as the IGF is chartered by the UN, understanding the issues concerning UN member states is a key input)
This could (I believe should) be further informed by a community wide poll, perhaps building on our draft poll from last year.  Some options are: an open-ended poll, or one derived based on inputs above, or ???

4 - Next steps/future agenda items

5 - AOB