[Wg-mwp] BPF proposal on AI, IOT and Big Data

GONZALO LOPEZ-BARAJAS HUDER gonzalo.lopezbarajashuder at telefonica.com
Fri May 4 08:18:59 EDT 2018

      Dear all,

I consider providing a procedural framework, transparent and accountable, to define the topics to be addressed is the right approach to solve many of the outstanding concerns of the community, namely the resources constraints, and the need to have a focused discussing on relevant topics in order to have a meaningful impact.

In this direction, having the DCs as a first step to start a BPF seems to have all these merits. Once the DC has focused on the issues to address and has some proven experience and traction, is should lead to a BPF. The structure of the DC seems more appropriate for a novel initiative: it enables to more informally redefine the focus of the initiative, get people on board, test governance of the DC, ....   and then lead to stronger and already tested BPFs.

      At the same time this will avoid entering in the discussion if a topic is relevant or not to start a BPF. The DCs could constitute a "natural" filter so that only relevant and meaningful BPF are constituted.

Kind regards,

Gonzalo