[Wg-mwp] Proposal on IGF programme framework

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at Internet-Matters.org
Fri May 25 10:05:54 EDT 2018

Dear Timea,

thank you, this will be very helpful for our work.

For new members, last years Working Group, with the support of the secretariat, produced an “IGF Components document <http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/index.php?q=filedepot_download/6038/1080>" (referred to as a mapping exercise below).

The purpose was to document all the activities that combine to make up the IGF (beyond just the Annual meeting) - and distinguish the different roles and responsibilities for each.   Virtually every activity has different roots and different expectations or “oversight” processes (for lack of a better word just now), and this has led to confusion and some tension in the past between the MAG and these other activities.   Clarifying/improving this - with all parties involved - would be a very helpful exercise and is key to enabling more collaboration on a multi-year basis for the most strategic issues.

Look forward to our call later today.