[Wg-mwp] Fwd: WG-MWP: 2018 WG Status Report

SUTO Timea Timea.SUTO at iccwbo.org
Wed Nov 7 04:55:30 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Thank you all for the reflections on the edits we provided to the first draft and the discussion - all very helpful perspectives to move us along in these last 100 meters before the finish line and get us to a report that we can all be happy with to present to the MAG (the old and the new). Special thanks to Lynn for the time and dedication to find a path forward (I don't know where her extra energy reserves are stored!).

I agree with the points raised by Lynn in her message from yesterday. In our reporting we are required to show what proposals the WG considered in its work this year - as she says "those options are still open and a number of WG members want to continue exploring them". At the same time, we need to be fully transparent and factual in our reporting, since there clearly wasn't and isn't  "WG consensus possible on these pilots this year (for several reasons)".

I take Gonzalo's edits in this spirit. To provide clarity on the WG deliberations at all junctures the proposals are mentioned in the report (not just at the end) and to note these proposals were considered but not endorsed by all. There is a difference in the WG putting proposals forward and some members of the WG wishing to do so. Especially for someone getting acquainted with or work for the first time through this status report. So, I would agree with his suggestions to refine the text a little.

Correct me if I misinterpret, but I don't take it Gonzalo suggests we don't share the proposals at all. In fact they are already on the WG's section of the IGF website.

Jeremy, Wout, I hope that you would consider taking a second look at these edits in this spirit and we can find a path forward from here and have a report for the MAG's attention.

With many thanks and kind regards,
Timea