[Wg-mwp] Fwd: [NRIs List] [DC] IGF multi-year work programme

Flávio Rech Wagner flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Fri Apr 5 16:53:22 EDT 2019

Dear Lynn and colleagues

Your previous response to Lorena and Luca, as well as Siva's response to
Marilyn, should have been sufficient to make it clear that there is a
huge misunderstanding in the interpretation of the graphic and that the
WG-MWP is not proposing to give to the MAG any oversight over the work
of NRIs and DCs.

I do not agree with Marilyn's suggestion regarding a withdrawal of the
graphic. This would be an exaggerated solution to a simple issue.

Nevertheless, I think we can reduce negative reactions to the graphic
(even if caused by a misunderstanding of its meaning) if we agree to
replace "MAG approval process" with another language. Another solution
would be to complement the graphic with a more detailed explanation of
the "MAG approval process", clearly stating that NRIs and DCs are
autonomous in their internal works.

Best,

Flávio

--
Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner

Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul      flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Instituto de Informática                       Fone: +55-51-3308 9494
Porto Alegre, Brasil                           http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~flavio

Presidente da Internet Society Brasil
flavio at inf.ufrgs.br, info at isoc.org.br          Fone: +55-51-3308 9494
https://www.isoc.org.br                        Twitter: @ISOCBrasil