[Wgco] NEED FOR A MEETING OF WGCO & UPDATES

Olusegun H. Olugbile solugbile at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:24:30 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I'll glad that we are continue the work of WGCO after the MAG virtual
meeting. Unfortunately, the report of the WGCO meeting could not be
considered due to time constraints during the meeting. The reporting has
been rescheduled for the next MAG virtual meeting.

Furthermore, In the post-IGF report analysis, greater emphasis are made on
the improvement of communications for better outreach to the community and
better dissemination of IGF documentation and information. In the report
there was general agreement that increased outreach was an overall need,
including additional community engagement and solicitation of community
inputs, and better-quality outreach and documentation of the IGF could also
lead to more high- level/political interest in its processes and the annual
meeting.

WGCO members should remember we made some clarifications on the goal of
outreach to inter-governmental and policy makers. It was agreed such
outreach should normally fall under a formal shared messaging with input
from Secretariat and MAG.

Fortunately we've been working on these concerns before the retreat. It is
time we make effort towards achieving the provisions our shared ToR.

In this regards, we need to move forward to deliberate on some key issues
such as the following;

   - Kickstarting the work of the co-facilitators of workstreams
   - Consider an outreach evaluation approach submission made by Mariana
   for members' input
   - Clues from IGF retreat areas of concern on Comm & Outreach
   - Workstream assignments on Upcoming Events/IGF website Improvement/
   developing Outreach messages for stakeholder communities

I* want to request to Anja to set up a virtual meeting of the group before
the next MAG online meeting. Also doodle poll should be set up to allow us
agree on common date for the meeting. Please it is very important.*

Meanwhile, I have attached Anja's Submission, WGCO report, WGCO Analysis of
IGF Retreat, the shared ToR for our reminder and update.