[Wgco] WGCO Digest, Vol 1, Issue 12

Ginger Paque virginiap at diplomacy.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:55:29 EDT 2016


I think that's 12 noon UTC, which is fine for me. Thanks. I'll be there.
Cheers,
gp

Virginia Paque
DiploFoundation

*Upcoming online courses: *Humanitarian Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy,
Diplomatic Law: Privileges and Immunities, Internet Technology and Policy:
Challenges and Solutions, Multilateral Diplomacy.
http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses
<http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=26d5253c70&e=bc0aff4eba>

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Olusegun H. Olugbile <solugbile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Everyone,
>
> Please pardon me for the impromptuness of this proposal. I'm aware some of
> us have been so much busy with the workshop evaluation. It's just important
> we have our virtual meeting to conclude on some critical areas of our
> mandate.
>
> I want to propose we have our 1st virtual (1hr) meeting on Friday 2pm
> (Geneva Time) (8 July). The purpose of our meeting is to discuss and
> finalise on the above subject matter as we are making preparation towards
> the 2nd MAG meeting in N.Y.
>
> Please let's share our thoughts & agree on way forward on the following
> agenda;
>
> Proposed Agenda
>
>
>    1. Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) (I'll send the draft document soon
>    today)
>    2. Open call for volunteers and their input into the ToR
>    3. Finalizing on selection of Co-Coordinators/facilitators on the
>    Workstreams among MAG member volunteers
>    4. Discussion on Mapping of targeted audience
>    5. IGF Website improvement/IGF Resource Center/IGF community blogging
>    6. Work Program Calendar
>    7. AOB.
>
> Any MAG members still interested should subscribe to the Mailing List
>
> Sign-up: https://www.intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/wgco_intgovforum.org
> <http://www.intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/wgco_intgovforum.org>
>
>
> Kindly let me know if we can have consensus on the meeting day/time, or
> suggest another time on this same friday using Geneva Time. Many will be
> travelling to NY from Saturday, I guess.
>
>
> Best Regards.
>
>
> Segun Olugbile
>
>
>
> *____________________________________________________________*
> President, Global Network for Cybersolution - GNC  (www.gncafrica.org)
> CEO Continental Project Affairs Associates (CPAA) www.cpaa.com.ng
> Member, National Cybercrime Advisory Council, Presidency (www.cert.gov.ng)
> Member, IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group to UN Sec. Gen. (
> www.intgovforum.org)
> Member, Nigeria IGF Multi Stakeholders Advisory Group (www.nigf.org.ng)
> Member, African ICT Alliance (www.aficta.org)
> Convener, Open Government Partnership Nigeria (www.ogpnigeria.org)
>
> *---------------------------------------------------------------*
>
> *GNC | 5th floor (Olujinmi Chamber floor) NICON Insurance Plaza, Central
> Business District, Abuja, FCT - Nigeria*
>
> *CPAA | 72(b) Kwame Nkruma Cresent, Asokoro District Abuja-FCT |** Tel:
> 234 803 701 7537, 818 180 6044   *
>
> *Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous
> preservers of youthful looks - Charles Dickens*
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Olusegun H. Olugbile <solugbile at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>
>>
>> I want to thank everyone for very useful comments and contributions.
>>
>>
>> Please take time to carefully review - *make input, and introduce
>> innovation* - the following submission based on our discussions  so far,
>> and suggestions from the outcome of MAG virtual meeting.
>>
>>
>> *1. On WG Open to IG Community for Volunteers:*
>>
>>
>> Following last year precedence and in line with general consensus of the
>> members on extension of invitation to volunteers from IG community, I wish
>> to suggest the following sequenced approach.
>>
>>
>>    - WG develop the Terms of Reference (ToR) before the next physical
>>    meeting in NY.
>>    - Finalise the ToR during a launch meeting of the WG in NY.
>>    - Open call for volunteers and their input into the ToR from IG
>>    community within timeline (2wks after the MAG physical meeting in NY), with
>>    opportunity to improve the ToR with the volunteers.
>>
>>  Please make comment and if this is ok with members, then we move
>> forward requesting the secretariat to host the open call for volunteers and
>> with access to the ToR for comment on the IGF website after our meeting in
>> NY.
>>
>>
>>
>> *2. Suggestions on the Workstreams:*
>>
>>
>>
>> I need MAG members to volunteer to head/coordinate the following work
>> streams which we have identified and fall within the scope of the work of
>> the WG. I have also mapped various stakeholders to be reached to enhance a
>> more focused communication.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>    - Online Outreach & remote participants
>>    - Outreach to governments (Policy makers)
>>    - Outreach to intergovernmentals (high level messaging)
>>    - Outreach to Business Community
>>    - Outreach to Civil Society communities
>>    - Outreach to technical communities
>>    - Outreach to underserved communities (Youth, women, and person with
>>    disabilities)
>>    - Outreach to Media/Press (yes, they are veritable partners in
>>    communicating IGF information to the larger communities)
>>    - IGF website improvement ( e.g. we can build on integrating IGF
>>    Resources Center)
>>    - Profile of IG related upcoming events requiring urgent messaging
>>    - Social media, Google+, Twitter, facebook, email activities  General
>>    awareness raising
>>    - Measuring the impact of the WG effort
>>
>>
>> *3. Work Program Calendar:*
>>
>> In addition, just like we did last year, but with modification/call for
>> innovation, we need to develop work program calendar and modify the
>> approach to suit the objective of our communication. For instance, we need
>> to identify the following as we move forward;
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>    - Different level of messages for different level of stakeholders
>>    - Identifying opportunities for communication/interactions
>>    - Determine modes of our communications – emails, IGF website,
>>    e-brochures etc.
>>    - IGF community blogging
>>
>> *4. WG Response to IGF Retreat*
>>
>> It is imperative that the WG provides a cohesive input into the IGF
>> retreat. We should improve on the Ginger's draft input before  5th July.
>> Please let's take advantage of the weekend to work this draft document.
>>
>> 5.* IGF Website Improvement*
>>
>>  In the above workstream above I have proposed for buiding and
>> integration of IGF Resource Center (IRC). The IRC will provide the much
>> needed resources for learning, informing and engaging the entire IGF
>> community. We can learn from the success of UN GAID community engagement .
>>
>> *(for ref only; Global Alliance for Information and Communication
>> Technologies and Development (GAID), an initiative by now former UN
>> Secretary General Kofi Annan to promote the effective use of ICT for
>> development, with the aim of coming together around ICT to promote the
>> achievement of the internationally agreed development goals in partnership
>> with all other stakeholders from government, business and civil society).*
>>
>> Similary, IGF- IRC can provides a common interaction platform for the IGF
>> community and other stakeholders to contribute to global Internet
>> governance goals.
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Segun Olugbile
>>
>>
>> *____________________________________________________________*
>> President, Global Network for Cybersolution - GNC  (www.gncafrica.org)
>> CEO Continental Project Affairs Associates (CPAA) www.cpaa.com.ng
>> Member, National Cybercrime Advisory Council, Presidency (www.cert.gov.ng
>> )
>> Member, IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group to UN Sec. Gen. (
>> www.intgovforum.org)
>> Member, Nigeria IGF Multi Stakeholders Advisory Group (www.nigf.org.ng)
>> Member, African ICT Alliance (www.aficta.org)
>> Convener, Open Government Partnership Nigeria (www.ogpnigeria.org)
>>
>> *---------------------------------------------------------------*
>>
>> *GNC | 5th floor (Olujinmi Chamber floor) NICON Insurance Plaza, Central
>> Business District, Abuja, FCT - Nigeria*
>>
>> *CPAA | 72(b) Kwame Nkruma Cresent, Asokoro District Abuja-FCT |** Tel:
>> 234 803 701 7537, 818 180 6044   *
>>
>> *Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous
>> preservers of youthful looks - Charles Dickens*
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 4:01 PM, <wgco-request at intgovforum.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Send WGCO mailing list submissions to
>>>         wgco at intgovforum.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>         http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/wgco_intgovforum.org
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>         wgco-request at intgovforum.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>         wgco-owner at intgovforum.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of WGCO digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>    1. Re: [IGFmaglist]  LET'S DISCUSS & MOVE FORWARD...
>>>       (THOMAS-RAYNAUD Elizabeth)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:10:54 +0000
>>> From: THOMAS-RAYNAUD Elizabeth <elizabeth.thomas-raynaud at iccwbo.org>
>>> To: Ginger Paque <virginiap at diplomacy.edu>, "Olusegun H. Olugbile"
>>>         <solugbile at gmail.com>
>>> Cc: "wgco at intgovforum.org" <wgco at intgovforum.org>, MAG-public
>>>         <igfmaglist at intgovforum.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Wgco] [IGFmaglist]  LET'S DISCUSS & MOVE FORWARD...
>>> Message-ID:
>>>         <86D33B83FD16844191983DC63EA9D5E802AEC5E0EF at IVORITE.icchq.org>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>
>>> Thank you Ginger for this thoughtful input.
>>>
>>> I hope leading up to the retreat and at the event itself we can build on
>>> the foundation that you present here to discuss the platform of the IGF
>>> website as both a community resource to help people ?identify themselves in
>>> the picture? ? be it as local initiatives, youth or people with
>>> disabilities who are included in the consideration.
>>>
>>> The IGF site is most certainly an essential pillar in the communication
>>> strategy so this warrants further reflection and discussion. Thank you for
>>> putting it down and sharing it for the rest of us to reflect on.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Elizabeth
>>>
>>> Elizabeth THOMAS-RAYNAUD
>>> International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
>>> Project Director, ICC Business Action to Support the Information Society
>>> (BASIS)
>>> Senior Policy Executive, Digital Economy
>>>
>>> From: Igfmaglist [mailto:igfmaglist-bounces at intgovforum.org] On Behalf
>>> Of Ginger Paque
>>> Sent: 28 June 2016 17:49
>>> To: Olusegun H. Olugbile
>>> Cc: wgco at intgovforum.org; MAG-public
>>> Subject: Re: [IGFmaglist] [Wgco] LET'S DISCUSS & MOVE FORWARD...
>>>
>>> Thanks Segun, and everyone.
>>>
>>> Segun, I am proposing a very short, concise input. My current draft is
>>> pasted here. I welcome any comments / suggestions / feedback.
>>>
>>> I think Marilyn is probably correct, that it is too short a timeframe to
>>> agree on a common document from the WG, but I welcome any comments or
>>> suggestions to improve my input, and am happy to add anyone's name, if they
>>> would like to join me in this contribution.
>>>
>>> Marilyn, others, does that work for you? Feel free to respond here, or
>>> privately to me. I look forward to working with all of you on these issues.
>>>
>>> DRAFT:
>>>
>>> MAG representation is based on stakeholder group and regional
>>> representation. While this works very well, it is not perfect and does not
>>> include a few cross-cutting issue groups, such as persons with
>>> disabilities, youth priority groups, and online participants.
>>>
>>> It is not realistic to include issue representatives as exceptions,
>>> because there are simply too many important issues. I do however request
>>> that accommodation be made to ensure that special groups have a designated
>>> channel of communication so that these concerns are heard appropriately.
>>> Right now, the MAG Working Group on Communication and Outreach is giving
>>> these issues high priority, but the IGF organization should
>>> institutionalise the processes to include these groups as part of integral
>>> IGF strategies.
>>> Among other things:
>>> ?        DCAD guidelines<
>>> http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/accessibility/dcad/Documents/IGF%202015%20DCAD%20Accessibility%20Guidelines%20-%20Final%20V8.docx>
>>> should be adhered to as a fundamental part of IGF design.
>>> ?        Remote participation principles<
>>> http://www.giplatform.org/resources/e-participation-principles> should
>>> be adopted or adapted for in IGF processes.
>>> ?        A clear process for accepting contributions on specific issue
>>> areas should be established.
>>> ?        A permanent webpage with IGF resources and information for
>>> persons for disabilities should be part of the IGF website, to make all
>>> information available in one place.
>>> ?        A permanent webpage with online IGF participation resources,
>>> statistics, and information should be part of the IGF website, to make all
>>> information available in one place.
>>> ?        A permanent webpage for youth news or other resources and
>>> possibilities should be considered to improve outreach with youth groups.
>>>
>>> http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/accessibility/dcad/Documents/IGF%202015%20DCAD%20Accessibility%20Guidelines%20-%20Final%20V8.docx
>>> http://www.giplatform.org/resources/e-participation-principles
>>>
>>> Virginia Paque
>>> DiploFoundation
>>>
>>> Upcoming online courses: Humanitarian Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy,
>>> Diplomatic Law: Privileges and Immunities, Internet Technology and Policy:
>>> Challenges and Solutions, Multilateral Diplomacy.
>>> http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses<
>>> http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=26d5253c70&e=bc0aff4eba
>>> >
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Olusegun H. Olugbile <
>>> solugbile at gmail.com<mailto:solugbile at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> Dear Members,
>>>
>>> Thank you for subscribing to the mailing list.
>>>
>>> I'm working on a simple guide/work plan on the sharing of roles in line
>>> with our respective areas of experiences. I'll soon post the document to
>>> list.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, I support Ginger's suggestion on the WG submitting input to
>>> the retreat. Perhaps, Ginger can go ahead to develop a draft document  for
>>> the group consideration and contributions. Improving IGF Comm & Outreach is
>>> as critically essential as the IGF. This idea is greatly welcomed.
>>>
>>> Best Regards.
>>>
>>> Segun Olugbile
>>>
>>>
>>> ____________________________________________________________
>>> President, Global Network for Cybersolution - GNC  (www.gncafrica.org<
>>> http://www.gncafrica.org>)
>>> CEO Continental Project Affairs Associates (CPAA) www.cpaa.com.ng<
>>> http://www.cpaa.com.ng>
>>> Member, National Cybercrime Advisory Council, Presidency (
>>> www.cert.gov.ng<http://www.cert.gov.ng>)
>>> Member, IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group to UN Sec. Gen. (
>>> www.intgovforum.org<http://www.intgovforum.org/>)
>>> Member, Nigeria IGF Multi Stakeholders Advisory Group (www.nigf.org.ng<
>>> http://www.nigf.org.ng/>)
>>> Member, African ICT Alliance (www.aficta.org<http://www.aficta.org/>)
>>> Convener, Open Government Partnership Nigeria (www.ogpnigeria.org<
>>> http://www.ogpnigeria.org>)
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> GNC | 5th floor (Olujinmi Chamber floor) NICON Insurance Plaza, Central
>>> Business District, Abuja, FCT - Nigeria
>>>
>>> CPAA | 72(b) Kwame Nkruma Cresent, Asokoro District Abuja-FCT | Tel: 234
>>> 803 701 7537, 818 180 6044
>>>
>>> Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous
>>> preservers of youthful looks - Charles Dickens
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com
>>> <mailto:marilynscade at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>>> Ginger, as this is a very new WG, perhaps instead we can encourage
>>> individual comments, and then later ask the WG to consider.
>>>
>>> I support the need to have the issues that you raise, but taking time to
>>> generate consensus, when this is a very new WG, might be a delay, given the
>>> July 1 deadline.
>>>
>>> Just a thought. for instance. anyone who submits could then resubmit to
>>> this WG, for further discussion
>>>  but not miss deadline for comment.
>>>
>>> M
>>>
>>> ________________________________
>>> From: virginiap at diplomacy.edu<mailto:virginiap at diplomacy.edu>
>>> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 09:31:27 -0500
>>> To: solugbile at gmail.com<mailto:solugbile at gmail.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [IGFmaglist] [Wgco] LET'S DISCUSS & MOVE FORWARD...
>>> CC: wgco at intgovforum.org<mailto:wgco at intgovforum.org>;
>>> Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org<mailto:Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org>
>>>
>>> Thanks, Segun, I'm ready to move forward on this.
>>>
>>> 1. I think non-MAG members are normally allowed/invited to join WG, and
>>> that this is important for transparency and inclusion of a wider community.
>>>
>>> 2. I am thinking of personally submitting input to the upcoming retreat,
>>> about the need for greater inclusion and outreach for my constant concerns
>>> of online participation, youth and persons with disabilities. What do
>>> people here think about the WG submitting input to the retreat? Is it too
>>> short a time frame to discuss?
>>>
>>> Thanks! Ginger
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Virginia Paque
>>> DiploFoundation
>>>
>>> Upcoming online courses: Humanitarian Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy,
>>> Diplomatic Law: Privileges and Immunities, Internet Technology and Policy:
>>> Challenges and Solutions, Multilateral Diplomacy.
>>> http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses<
>>> http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=26d5253c70&e=bc0aff4eba
>>> >
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Olusegun H. Olugbile <
>>> solugbile at gmail.com<mailto:solugbile at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> Dear Everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for joining the WG. I believe together we can make best use of
>>> our collective potentials to move this WG forward such that will impact IGF
>>> 2016 positively.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I think it is important we start discussion and agree on the following
>>> items (PLEASE BE FREE TO ADD MORE);
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>       i.         Terms of reference for the WG.
>>>
>>>      ii.         Inclusion of non-MAG members to the group
>>>
>>>    iii.         Development of work plan, identify and prioritize work
>>> areas, and then assign roles within timeline.
>>>
>>> I want to suggest we have a virtual meeting of the group before the end
>>> of  next week  or at least before the next MAG meeting to discuss these
>>> items on the list.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> If we all agree, I'll send Doodle poll to set the most popular date.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Please note, the objectives and scope of work of the WG may be further
>>> expanded based on the contributions and comments made by the MAG members
>>> during the last virtual meeting. But to be focused and dynamic.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Please let's have your contributions.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I've reattached the approved document again for your consideration.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Segun O.
>>>
>>> ____________________________________________________________
>>> President, Global Network for Cybersolution - GNC  (www.gncafrica.org<
>>> http://www.gncafrica.org>)
>>> CEO Continental Project Affairs Associates (CPAA) www.cpaa.com.ng<
>>> http://www.cpaa.com.ng>
>>> Member, National Cybercrime Advisory Council, Presidency (
>>> www.cert.gov.ng<http://www.cert.gov.ng>)
>>> Member, IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group to UN Sec. Gen. (
>>> www.intgovforum.org<http://www.intgovforum.org/>)
>>> Member, Nigeria IGF Multi Stakeholders Advisory Group (www.nigf.org.ng<
>>> http://www.nigf.org.ng/>)
>>> Member, African ICT Alliance (www.aficta.org<http://www.aficta.org/>)
>>> Convener, Open Government Partnership Nigeria (www.ogpnigeria.org<
>>> http://www.ogpnigeria.org>)
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> GNC | 5th floor (Olujinmi Chamber floor) NICON Insurance Plaza, Central
>>> Business District, Abuja, FCT - Nigeria
>>> CPAA | 72(b) Kwame Nkruma Cresent, Asokoro District Abuja-FCT | Tel: 234
>>> 803 701 7537, 818 180 6044
>>> Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous
>>> preservers of youthful looks - Charles Dickens
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> WGCO mailing list
>>> WGCO at intgovforum.org<mailto:WGCO at intgovforum.org>
>>> http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/wgco_intgovforum.org
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________ Igfmaglist mailing list
>>> Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org<mailto:Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org>
>>> http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/igfmaglist_intgovforum.org
>>>
>>>
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL: <
>>> http://intgovforum.org/pipermail/wgco_intgovforum.org/attachments/20160630/2e174b23/attachment.html
>>> >
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> WGCO mailing list
>>> WGCO at intgovforum.org
>>> http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/wgco_intgovforum.org
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> End of WGCO Digest, Vol 1, Issue 12
>>> ***********************************
>>>
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://intgovforum.org/pipermail/wgco_intgovforum.org/attachments/20160706/418ad1ff/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the WGCO mailing list