[Wgco] [IGFmaglist] LET'S DISCUSS & MOVE FORWARD...

Ginger Paque virginiap at diplomacy.edu
Tue Jun 28 11:49:11 EDT 2016

Thanks Segun, and everyone.

Segun, I am proposing a very short, concise input. My current draft is
pasted here. I welcome any comments / suggestions / feedback.

I think Marilyn is probably correct, that it is too short a timeframe to
agree on a common document from the WG, but I welcome any comments or
suggestions to improve my input, and am happy to add anyone's name, if they
would like to join me in this contribution.

Marilyn, others, does that work for you? Feel free to respond here, or
privately to me. I look forward to working with all of you on these issues.

DRAFT:

MAG representation is based on stakeholder group and regional
representation. While this works very well, it is not perfect and does not
include a few cross-cutting issue groups, such as persons with
disabilities, youth priority groups, and online participants.

It is not realistic to include issue representatives as exceptions, because
there are simply too many important issues. I do however request that
accommodation be made to ensure that special groups have a designated
channel of communication so that these concerns are heard appropriately.
Right now, the MAG Working Group on Communication and Outreach is giving
these issues high priority, but the IGF organization should
institutionalise the processes to include these groups as part of integral
IGF strategies.

Among other things:

·        DCAD guidelines
<http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/accessibility/dcad/Documents/IGF%202015%20DCAD%20Accessibility%20Guidelines%20-%20Final%20V8.docx>
should be adhered to as a fundamental part of IGF design.

·        Remote participation principles
<http://www.giplatform.org/resources/e-participation-principles> should be
adopted or adapted for in IGF processes.

·        A clear process for accepting contributions on specific issue
areas should be established.

·        A permanent webpage with IGF resources and information for persons
for disabilities should be part of the IGF website, to make all information
available in one place.

·        A permanent webpage with online IGF participation resources,
statistics, and information should be part of the IGF website, to make all
information available in one place.

·        A permanent webpage for youth news or other resources and
possibilities should be considered to improve outreach with youth groups.

http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/accessibility/dcad/Documents/IGF%202015%20DCAD%20Accessibility%20Guidelines%20-%20Final%20V8.docx
http://www.giplatform.org/resources/e-participation-principles

Virginia Paque
DiploFoundation

*Upcoming online courses: *Humanitarian Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy,
Diplomatic Law: Privileges and Immunities, Internet Technology and Policy:
Challenges and Solutions, Multilateral Diplomacy.
http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses
<http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=26d5253c70&e=bc0aff4eba>