[Wgco] Reinvigorating WGCO & Call for Next Virtual Meeting

Olusegun H. Olugbile solugbile at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 08:56:37 EDT 2016

Dear Everyone,

I trust you are all doing well. First my apology for not communicating
regularly on the progress work of the group. We are in our peak period of
activities in Nigeria within the ICT industry and I’m so much involved in
many of these important industry activities.

I’m aware some of us are engaging in various community outreaches on IGF
2016. Recently, I’ve had the opportunity of engaging Africa IGF community
during my participation as one of the leading paper presenters in the
recently concluded African IGF at Durban, South Africa and as a member of
African IGF MAG during the preparatory process of the forum.

I’ve been following on the progress work of Anja, Renata, Marilyn, Zeina,
and other related work on the Newcomers Track and NRIs. In spite of these
efforts, I must confess we have not done so well in articulating our
messages and prioritizing around our work plan as a group. I’m aware Ginger
and Elizabeth and others have so much to offer to enhance the work of this
group. We can only work together to make it better.

As we are moving toward the last phase of the preparatory process,  it is
important we harmonize our work streams with the NRI and Newcomers track
and other related activities on IGF outreach and related issues.

*I suggest we work more closely together from now on the outreach agenda.
This is very important. I like learning from experienced members and while
harnessing innovations. I earnestly seek for very useful insight from
members to move this group forward in this direction. What is most
important is to share and integrate our work for the overall progress of
the IGF event.*

In this regard, I’m calling for active contributions and propose for a new
meeting timeline. Our response to the earlier call for a meeting is not
impressive. This time, I encourage you to respond to the new time set for
our next virtual meeting. If it’s worth doing, let’s do it better, but
together.

Anja, please send out a new doodle poll for our next meeting in the next
available time slot and let's take this further.

Best Regards