[Wgco] Explaining Internet governance to friends & family 101: How to improve our communication? (WS161)

Olusegun H. Olugbile solugbile at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:20:37 EST 2017

Dear WGCO members,

I invite all WGCO members to be part of this important workshop and its
outcome is strategic to the tangible outcome of the work of WGCO.

Regrettably we're unable to have a virtual meeting with the organizers.
Nevertheless, I call on everyone to support the workshop by participating
in the workshop and contribute to its discussion on improving IGF
communication.

According to the organizers, there will be introduction of the survey
results and then breaking out into group discussions for an hour to talk
about four different topics:

1. Creating analogies and using simple language
2. Tailoring to target groups: inclusion, diversity, and new stakeholders
3. Engaging with academia and schools
4. Mentoring newcomers

The session details are as follows:

Wednesday, Dec. 20, Time: 15:00 – 16:30 Venue:Room XXVI – E United Nations
Office at Geneva (UNOG)

Please visit
https://sched.co/CTsT  for more details.

LET'S BE THERE....

Best Regards.

*Olusegun H. Olugbile*

Chief Executive Officer/Managing Partner
Continental Project Affairs Associates (CPAA)
72B Kwame Nkruma Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja-FCT
M: +234 8037017537 | O: +234 08181806044

Member, African Union IGF Working Group  (www.afigf.org)
Member, United Nations IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group (
www.intgovforum.org)
Member, BoD, African Information & Communication Technology Alliance (
www.aficta.org)
Member, BoD & President, Global Network for Cybersolution (www.gnfcs.org)
Fellow, European School of Internet Governance, Germany (www.eurossig.eu)