[Wgco] UPDATE & CALL FOR A WGCO MEETING

Olusegun H. Olugbile solugbile at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 02:49:25 EST 2017

Dear Michael and everyone,

My apologies to every for getting across to you late.. I developed a sudden
medical complication during a conference. l'm currently receiving medical
treatment. I should be OK by next week. I will advice we reschedule the
virtual meeting.

@Israel, kindly coordinate this virtual meeting on behalf of WGCO.

I'll soon get better.

On Thursday, November 9, 2017, Michael J. Oghia <mike.oghia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're supposed to have a call in about 14 minutes. Should we hold the call
> today or reschedule for another time next week?
>
> If we want to have it today, I can send a Zoom link.
>
> Best,
> -Michael
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Michael J. Oghia <mike.oghia at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mike.oghia at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We'll be having the call in about 2 hours. Our agenda is the following:
>>
>> *1.* Introduction & welcome
>> *2. *Overview
>> *3. *Ways to collaborate
>>
>> --Marketing & outreach
>> --Travel support
>> --Post-workshop follow-up
>>
>> *4. *Any questions for the organizers
>> *5. *AOB
>>
>> *@Olusegun:* Can you send around a WebEx link?
>>
>> Best,
>> -Michael
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Olusegun H. Olugbile <
>> solugbile at gmail.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','solugbile at gmail.com');>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Dear WGCO Members,
>>>
>>> I like to introduce Agustina Callegari, Michael Oghia, and Jelena
>>> Ozegovic who are hosting a collaborative workshop at IGF 2017 in order to
>>> discuss how we can communicate IG more effectively and improve on the
>>> outreach.
>>>
>>> WS 161 <https://bit.ly/IGF2017WS161> – Explaining Internet governance
>>> to friends & family 101: How to improve our communication?
>>>
>>> They have created a questionnaire to help shed light on their work
>>> which is very much relevant to the goals of WGCO. Please you may take
>>> 5-10 minutes to anonymously share your insight with the trio by visiting *https://goo.gl/forms/t4mmgI6nHkNAFDF82
>>> <https://goo.gl/forms/t4mmgI6nHkNAFDF82>. *The questionnaire will close
>>> on: *10 December 2017*.  The results of this questionnaire will be
>>> presented on 20 December 2017 in Geneva at the IGF as part of their
>>> workshop. You also have the option to leave your email address at the
>>> end of the questionnaire in case you would like to know the results, which
>>> we will share after the IGF.
>>>
>>> Furthermore, I'm strongly suggesting we support and participate in the
>>> workshop and work together with the organizers to achieve a greater
>>> outcome. In this regard, I wish to call for a virtual meeting of the WGCO
>>> members with the organizers to further strengthen areas of collaboration
>>> and opportunity for improving IGF communication outreach.
>>>
>>> Fortunately, the organizers have a created a Doodle poll to determine
>>> an optimal day and time for us to meet. Check it out *here*
>>> <https://doodle.com/poll/69dypxwpczt6n93v>:
>>>
>>> WGCO members opinions will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Best Regards.
>>>
>>> Olusegun H. Olugbile

> [...]

Olusegun H. Olugbile

Member, African Union IGF Working Group  (www.afigf.org)
Member, United Nations IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group (
www.intgovforum.org)
Member, African Information & Communication Technology Alliance (
www.aficta.org)
Member, Global Network for Cybersolution (www.gnfcs.org)