[Wgco] Question about Cybersecurity covered at www.intgovforum.org
gerard.blokdijk at theartofservice.com
Wed Mar 28 15:20:28 EDT 2018
My new book Cybersecurity: Standard Requirements is out, I'm sharing this with you because I trust it is of value to you. You can instantly access it here:
My goal is to get the word out to enable anyone who will benefit to find it. Will you be able to help by a link or an article on your site that helps more people find it?
I was searching for Cybersecurity information and I came across www.intgovforum.org, and had to reach out to you.
My name is Gerard Blokdijk, I've been in many enterprise data center management and CxO roles over the past 25 years, and spoken to thousands of people at public events and at companies in 23 countries.
And I'm an author.
I have just published my new book, co-authored with Ivanka Menken, called 'Cybersecurity: Standard Requirements'. Because I feel this is of interest to you, and to establish mutual ground, I want to give you the book.
Something straightforward as 'Cybersecurity: Standard Requirements' is the Cybersecurity guide I wish I had when I needed it; a tool to help develop a detailed vision of all areas impacted by a Cybersecurity implementation, and a useful tool for scoring readiness and implementation quality.
It highlights what's important now and in the future for the reader and delivers a Cybersecurity roadmap to instantly understand and move forward in the right direction, based on verifiable data.
10 Sample Requirements:
1. Industry standards enforce legislation that utilities must meet, and these standards do not come cheaply. Standards require additional resources in the form of employees, hours, and technology, all of which increases the cost of providing reliable electricity to the customer. Therefore, the standards of Cybersecurity that protect the customer are then ultimately paid by the customer. So what are these standards and who sets them?
2. There are two philosophical approaches to implementing Cybersecurity on an intelligent, networked grid: create a checklist of actions to take that address known security problems or prioritize actions based on continually refreshing the answer to the question, ñWhat makes my system more secure? Which approach do wo take?
3. What collaborative organizations or efforts has your company interacted with or become involved with to improve its Cybersecurity posture (such as NESCO, NESCOR, Fusion centers, Infragard, US-CERT, ICS-CERT, E-ISAC, SANS, HSIN, the Cross-Sector Cyber Security Working Group of the National Sector Partnership, etc.)?
4. Not all cyber-connected assets are essential to protect at all cost. Some assets, however, are ñcrown jewelsî _ worth protecting at all costs. Other assets may be more like ñpaperclipsî where the expense of protection exceeds the benefit. How do you tell the difference?
5. Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
6. What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
7. Describe the company's current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
8. What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
9. Are you aware of anyone attempting to gain information in person, by phone, mail, email, etc., regarding the configuration and/or cyber security posture of your website, network, software, or hardware?
10. Describe your organization's policies and procedures governing risk generally and Cybersecurity risk specifically. How does senior management communicate and oversee these policies and procedures?
The book will be available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and all major retailers later this month, the full info can be found at https://store.theartofservice.com/Cybersecurity-standard-requirements/ right now.
You can read and download the PDF version of the book instantly here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl9hpuidbpchi06/Cybersecurity.pdf?dl=0
Where you can see this possible, I would appreciate it if you would consider linking to https://store.theartofservice.com/Cybersecurity-standard-requirements/ - This will help more people with finding the book.
To make it easy you can use the critical criteria above as input and the following text (or use any text you like): The Art of Service's Cybersecurity Standard Requirements Excel Dashboard and accompanying eBook is for managers, advisors, consultants, specialists, professionals and anyone interested in Cybersecurity assessment. https://store.theartofservice.com/Cybersecurity-standard-requirements/
Thanks in advance and if I can assist you with anything else, or return the favor, please let me know.
Connect with me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerardblokdijk
The Art of Service
gerard.blokdijk at theartofservice.com
The U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has included our Cyber Security Self Assessment on their Framework Industry Resources list since our Self Assessment is deemed qualified, accurate and comprehensive as a Guidance that Incorporates the Framework: https://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/industry-resources
Your book is interesting and contains timely topics. - Dianne L, Chief Learning Officer
I really like the format. Simple but quite powerful. I’ll make sure to share my views with Amazon. Thanks again. - Carl M., Senior Solutions Architect
I have gone through the array of your works and they are simply awesome! Great job you have been doing. - Kenneth O., MD/CEO, Emerging Media
Thank you, these are great! - Natalie F., Healthcare Information Technology Consultant
Thanks for this; a lot of work has gone into developing and producing this, I’m looking forward to using it in the coming weeks. - Dr Steven.B., Head of Information Security & Assurance
So far I've only had time to browse it very superficially, but form that it looks very comprehensive and at the same time practical. As soon as I find time I will do a short item on it on my literature pages and point risk management professionals in your direction. Have a great day, and all the best!! - Carsten B., Experienced safety and quality enabler
Thank you for the excel dashboard. It is so powerful. - Tahar H., Researcher at Institute of Economic Analysis and Prospective Studies
I have been looking at the document, and it is quite extensive. - Pengilly W., Director IT & Logistics at a leading University
Thank you, this is perfect - I will certainly be recommending Self Assessment dashboards to all - I can't wait to tell my colleagues on Monday - Mel F., Change Management Professional
The Self-Assessment is a great tool to gather feedback and input from others, especially challenges, and things to watch out for. Very helpful! - Julie M., AWS Solution Architect
Honestly - at the extremely low outlay - the capacity to accelerate your journey, increase productivity and be a more informed buyer (when combined with what actual business problems you are trying to solve) I would be extremely hard pressed to not undertake it. - David S., Director Organisational performance
It is a pleasure to know about new tools to improve our performance. Let me congratulate to you about your new achievement. - Marta C, Cybersecurity and Antifraud Consultant
This is great! Thank you. Say, do you all do consulting or certification? - Ken W., Managing Director
Spot on, thank you. Will study your book to help my clients. - Walter H., Business Coach
Thanks for your service! That’s really appreciated! - Harry M., Enterprise Architect
Software quality is a topic that is very important for me right now, and it should be important for every team. This book contains a self-assessment that can be useful for your organization to find out where you currently are. If you struggle to ask the right questions about your testing efforts, this book will give many of them, and a way to score your answers. - David T., Software Consultant
Every high achiever has probably been criticized as a 'control freak' at some point. However, given the numerous daily distractions entrepreneurs encounter, if you want to do 'deep work' with broad-ranging impact, you have to control your time to make each day a masterpiece. Check Out The Art of Service's Self Assessments. - Brendan M. Principle Consultant
Standard Requirements is a straightforward guide. It is a tool to help develop a detailed vision of all areas impacted by an implementation, and a useful tool for scoring readiness and implementation quality. - Marietta W. Senior Consultant
I would love to have a conversation with you, at the moment I am preparing for our annual IT Conference, which I might add, we could have used you as a presenter! - June M. Vice President Information Technology, Human Resources and Administrative Services
Other recent posts:
A Review of The Art of Service HR Analytics Complete Self-Assessment: Will This Excel Based, Offline Tool Help HR Analytics Implementation?
The Verdict: The HR Analytics Complete Self-Assessment package ticks a lot of checkboxes, especially for businesses testing the BI waters for Human Resource decision making and performance enhancement and for companies that can’t have a full-time data professional on payroll to guide the initial implementation of their HR analytics drive.
A Review of The Art of Service Fraud Analytics Complete Self-Assessment: ‘Fraud Analytics: - complete self-assessment guide’ shows how to tackle fraud
This is a structured, in-depth review of how to review your current fraud position and how to work out how develop the controls and processes that will begin to solve the problem. Knowing what questions to ask is the starting point in fraud analytics. The level of questions and analysis required will surprise, but this level of details is essential as fraud is one of the biggest problems for corporates today.
More information about the WGCO