IGF 2023 Best Practice Forum on Cybersecurity
Best Practice Forum Cybersecurity - 2023 output report
IGF 2023 BPF Cybersecurity - Summary
IGF 2023 BPF Cybersecurity - Report
- Draft Output BPF 2023 - Lessons from cybersecurity events to inform cybersecurity policy and norms deliberations
- feedback in the draft report can be sent by mail to [email protected]
- BPF Cybersecurity session at IGF2023 - 12 October, 9:45-11:15 Kyoto (0:45-2:15am UTC)
BPF Objective for 2023
To collect and evaluate cybersecurity events to present first-person narratives from those most affected as victims or first responders to inform policy and norms developing deliberations, so that high-level policy decisions are grounded in reality.
BPF 2023 Analysis - Shortlisted Cybersecurity incidents
|Shortlisted cybersecurity events for BPF analysis|
|Ransomware operations causing state of emergecy in Costa Rica||Data breach and personal data release in Australian (Medibank investigation)||Ransomware incidents Tonga and Vanuatu.||Criminal Black Axe network (Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia, US)||Colonial Pipeline, Solarwinds breach (2020)||Incidents affecting elections or key democratic instittions (Estonia, France)|
-> Join one of teams analysing the events or share relevant informaton: mail [email protected] .
BPF Work Plan
1. collect high-profile cases and select +/- 1 incident per georgraphical region. (BPF community survey)
2. analyse the incidents for their impact on: a) people, b) CI/CII, c) government services, d) technical (infra)structures and e) incident responders **
3. assess the effect of the observation of norms and their implementation
( ** The UN norms on responsible state behaviour touch on effect on people, CI/CII (#6/7), essential services (#6), technical infrastructure (#9,10) and CERTs (#11).)
BPF Activities & Updates
- BPF Cybersecurity call, 22 June 2023, Summary, recording (Passcode: &cSD1B@V)
- Review the survey results and volunteer to help research and assess cybersecurity incidents: by 18 June - closed.
- BPF Survey What cybersecurity incidents are of concern to you ? Propose cybersecurity incidents for a deep dive analysis - answer by 16 May - closed
- BPF Cybersecurity kick-off, 2 May 2023, Summary, slide deck, recording (passcode Rj@6BhD7 )
BPF Coordinating team
Join the BPF Cybersecurity mailing list (subscribe here) and the BPF calls (details below). The BPF welcomes community volunteers to help with the collection of information, analysis and drafting. Contact [email protected] if interested in joining the work .
Learn more about the 2022 BPF Cybersecurity at www.intgovforum.org/en/content/bpf-cybersecurity-2022
Related BPF work on cyber norms agreements