The 17th annual IGF meeting will be hosted in a hybrid format. The meeting will aim at accommodating the participation of stakeholders present onsite in Addis Ababa or participating online in an equitable manner. This hybrid approach also extends to the session organizing teams (organizers, speakers, moderators and rapporteurs) who will participate online or onsite. This further means that all session-engaged parties can participate onsite or online. The overall objective is to make participation in IGF 2022 meaningful and inclusive for all participants.
The meeting will be hosted under the overarching theme: Resilient Internet for a shared sustainable and common future. The programme will be developed around the following themes:
- Connecting All People and Safeguarding Human Rights
- Avoiding Internet Fragmentation
- Governing Data and Protecting Privacy
- Enabling Safety, Security and Accountability
- Addressing Advanced Technologies, including AI
Please click above for short descriptions of the themes and sub-topics.