[DC] Draft submission to IGF MAG

Marie-Laure Lemineur marielaurel at ecpat.net
Mon Feb 15 04:25:16 EST 2016

Thanks Markus for the clarification !

Kind regards,

Marie-laure

Marie-Laure Lemineur
Head of Programme, Combating Sexual Exploitation of Children Online

[Ecpat logo]ECPAT International
————————————-
328/1 Phaya Thai Road
Bangkok 10400,Thailand
Tel: + 66 (0) 2 215 3388
Fax: + 66 (0) 2 215 8272

http://www.ecpat.net<http://www.ecpat.net/>

De: Markus Kummer <kummer.markus at gmail.com<mailto:kummer.markus at gmail.com>>
Fecha: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:12:30 +0100
Para: "dc at intgovforum.org<mailto:dc at intgovforum.org>" <dc at intgovforum.org<mailto:dc at intgovforum.org>>
Asunto: Re: [DC] Draft submission to IGF MAG

Dear all,

We seem to create some unnecessary misunderstandings. The paper Jeremy produced is the result of the stocktaking process we started after the Brazil meeting. We held a number of calls, all documented on the CD list, and agreed to produce a paper as an input into the call for contributions issued by the IGF Secetariat. We also agreed to continue working on the draft TOR for the coordination group with the aim to conclude this process well in advance of the April MAG meeting/open consultations.

The paper Marianne mentioned provided a useful input into our collective process. However, in many ways it has been overtaken by events, as we started discussing how to set up the coordination group and we also discussed what worked well and what worked less well at the DC session last November. Jeremy’s paper sums up this discussion. We have a few more days for DCs to sign up to this paper — either as DC or, if there is not sufficient time for internal consultation, in their individual capacity.

I would therefore suggest focusing on Jeremy’s paper and not confusing matters by submitting two papers with slightly conflicting messages. Furthermore, I understand that the other paper was produced quickly, with fresh impressions immediately after the meeting. However, in terms of process it does not live up to the standards of transparency and openness we hope to adhere to collectively. It was never submitted for comments on the DC list and it should all be noted that two DCs (and not just one) did not sign up to it.

Best regards
Markus