[IGFmaglist] Stanford Deliberative Poll and IGF

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:30:55 EDT 2015

I have been 'randomly' selected. I did the online survey. I will do a 5 hour session this week end. I will not participate during Day Zero.
I raised many concerns including that the only thing acceptable was a pilot. And I continue to have strong concerns about other efforts, which I am hearing about, where a senior executive from a company associated with NMI is sending letters to ask for a special meeting with the NMI to create a partnership with the IGF/MAG. That is clearly NOT the MAG role, and I am disappointed if in fact, that is a factual situation.
In the meantime, in my view, I have strong concerns about use of deliberative polling on policy. As I was 'randomly' selected, I will take the poll, and participate and see if my concerns are validated, or not.
One can only learn from experience.
BUT, I do not appreciate the continued encroachment into the IGF.