[IGFmaglist] Wild Card suggestion WS#282 - regional balance, topic, newcomers

Ginger Paque virginiap at diplomacy.edu
Wed Jun 14 05:39:04 EDT 2017

I am concerned that the placement on the list for consideration puts later
workshops (on the list) at a disadvantage, as we have fewer and fewer slots
open. This should not be the case, particularly because the suggestions
were not made in the order discussed, and being high on the list does not
(at least in my mind) mean that they deserve priority.

WS 282 IGF 2017 WS #282 Biometrics and identity in the Global South
http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2017-ws-282-biometrics-and-identity-in-the-global-south

Has LAC organisers and speakers, a critical topic, as we talk about how
technology affects people -- in this case even the possibility to eat, to
vote, and to defend biometric data, one's own persona.

The organisers and speakers are all new, and this is shown in the proposal
weaknesses. However they are very willing to work with me or other MAG
members to improve the structure and presentation, building on this
important, and under-addressed topic.

Thanks!
Ginger

Virginia Paque