[IGFmaglist] Tasklist week of 25 Jan 2021

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Mon Jan 25 06:04:19 EST 2021

Dear MAG members

Welcome to the real start of our work for 2021! This message is the
first of lists of tasks that I will send from time to time to help us
organise our workload. Our first online meeting is this coming
*Wednesday, 27 January. *Here is a list of tasks that we need to
complete in time for the meeting.

I realise that we were all hoping that this year would start more
easily, with the pandemic and its challenges behind us. Sadly this is
not the case, and in many ways the impact of COVID 19 is going to be
with us for a long time. Let's do our best to work in a way that is
supportive and creative.

Warm greetings

Anriette

*_IGFMAG2021: Tasklist week of 25 Jan 2021_*

To do by the time we our first MAG meeting of 2021 on 27 January at
14h00 UTC:

*1. IGF 2021 time line*

Please read and review the timeline and note any questions or possible
clashes.

*2. IGF 2020 stocktaking and suggestions for IGF 2021*

Please read the submissions we received in response to our call for
input. The Secretariat will do a synthesis, but it is helpful to go
through the individual submissions. They are here:
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/igf-2021-suggestions

*3. Best Practice Forum Proposals*

We have received four proposals for BPFs for this year:

  * *BPF Cybersecurity*
    <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/4904/2410>
  * *BPF Gender*
    <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/5004/2413>
  * *BPF Local Content*
    <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/5005/2411>
  * *BPF Committed actions to make Internet sustainable and affordable
    for everyone*
    <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/11156/2412>

You will find them online here:
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2021-mag-virtual-meeting-ii

Please read them and evaluate them referring to page 3 of the updated
BPF modalities document which you will find here:
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/3405/2270 -
I recommend that you also read the BPF on BPFs report, chapter D,
section c, where the criteria (and rationale behind them) are explained
in more detail. The report is here:
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/3405/2212

At our call on Wednesday we will listen to short presentations of these
proposals. Be ready with your questions. Our task is to decide whether
to approve the proposals and whether you want to propose any revisions
to them. Our goal is to finalise the decision by the end of January. We
could complete the process online if there is not enough time during
Wednesday's call, but also keep in mind that there is ongoing
interaction between BPFs and the MAG so if you do approve them, there
will still be opportunity for input throughout the year.

*4. MAG working groups*

Review the proposals at
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2021-mag-virtual-meeting-ii.
Thus far we have a proposal for a MAG working group on a hybrid
(combining virtual and face to face elements) IGF. The MAG WG 2020 on
IGF Strengthening and Strategy will also be submitting a proposal to
continue its work.

*5. Any other matters*

Please send in items you want to discuss and feel free to ask any
questions you might have. This is particularly important for our new MAG
members, so, if you have any questions.. please come ready to ask them.

Anriette Esterhuysen - anriette at apc.org//anriette at gmail.com
Chair, United Nations Internet Governance Forum Multistakeholder Advisory Group
www.intgovforum.org

Senior advisor global and regional internet governance
Association for Progressive Communications
www.apc.org//afrisig.org