The 18th annual meeting of the Internet Governance Forum will be hosted by the Government of Japan in Kyoto from 8 to 12 October 2023. The Forum's overarching theme is: The Internet We Want - Empowering All People.
Building on the results of the call for thematic issues the MAG decided that the 18th annual IGF programme will develop around the following sub-themes:
- AI & Emerging Technologies
- Avoiding Internet Fragmentation
- Cybersecurity, Cybercrime & Online Safety
- Data Governance & Trust
- Digital Divides & Inclusion
- Global Digital Governance & Cooperation
- Human Rights & Freedoms
- Sustainability & Environment
The Call for session proposals is under planning and expected to open in early April 2023.