Below is the list of MAG members appointed by the UN Secretary-General for 2021, with affiliations, stakeholder groups and terms served, including the current one. The list is followed by links to the previous MAGs, from 2011 to 2020. The list also includes a reference to the profile of the MAG Chair re-appointed by the UN Secretary-General on 17 November 2020.
This list includes former IGF Host Country representatives as well as representatives of intergovernmental organizations that contribute to the MAG's work.
- Ms. Esterhuysen, Anriette (Civil Society, 2 terms)
South Africa - Senior Advisor on Internet governance, policy advocacy and strategic planning, Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
Host Country Co-Chair
- Mr. Krzysztof Szubert, Government of Poland
- Mr. Afonso, Carlos Alberto (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Executive Director, Nupef Institute
- Ms. AlHashimi, Hana (Government, 3 terms)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Acting Head of the International Organizations Section,United Arab Emirates Prime Minister’s Office
- Ms. Alzaki, Hazar (Private Sector, 1 term)
United Arab Emirates - Head of Government Affairs, Microsoft Corporation
- Ms. Andriamampionona, Hariniombonana (Technical Community, 1 term)
Antananarivo, Madagascar - Airtel Madagascar, Transmission Planning Engineer
- Ms. Astbrink, Gunela (Technical Community, 2 terms)
Ballina, Australia - Board Member, International Center for Disability Resources on the Internet
- Ms. Canales Loebel, Maria Paz (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Santiago, Chile – Representative, Civil Society Coordination Group
- Mr. Castex, Lucien (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Paris, France – Representative for Public Policy, AFNIC ; Research Associate, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3
- Ms. Chair, Chenai (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Cape Town, South Africa/Zimbabwe3 - Communications Manager and Evaluations Advisor, Research ICT Africa
- Ms. Chalmers, Susan (Government, 3 terms)
Washington D.C., USA - Internet Policy Specialist, National Telecommunications and Information and Administration (NTIA), US Department of Commerce
- Mr. Charlton, Paul (Government, 3 terms)
Ottawa, Canada - Senior Policy Advisor, International Telecommunications and Internet Policy Directorate, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Ms. Chen, Joyce (Technical Community, 1 term)
Singapore, Republic of Singapore - APNIC, Senior Advisor for Strategic Engagement
- Mr. Chharia, Rajesh (Technical Community, 3 terms)
New Delhi, India – CEO, CJ Online Private Limited; APNIC Secretary Executive Committee; President, Internet Service Providers Association (ISPAI)
- Mr. Chukov, Roman (Government, 3 terms)
Moscow, Russia - Research fellow, Federal State Budgetary Science Institute of Economy of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Ms. Choudhury, Amrita (Civil Society, 1 term)
New Delhi, India – Director of CCAOI, Internet Society India Delhi Chapter
- Ms. Dofel, Sook-Jung (Private Sector, 1 term)
Germany - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Ms. Edoh, Afi (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Lome, Togo – Network and System Engineer/ Cofounder and CTO, E-hub and Afrotribune
- Mr. Espinosa, Amado (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Mexico - CEO, Medisist Inc.
- Mr. Fantinati, Mattia (Government, 1 term)
Rome, Italy - Member of the House of Representatives, Parliament of Italy
- Ms. Harsianti, Juliana (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Jakarta, Indonesia – Journalist and researcher, ISOC and Global Voices
- Ms. Horejsova, Tereza (Civil Society, 1 term)
Prague, Czech Republic - Project Development Director, DiploFoundation
- Mr. Hordyński, Ryszard (Private Sector, 1 term)
Warsaw, Poland - Huawei Strategy & Public Affairs Director
- Mr. Karim, Attoumani Mohamed (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Comoros - Manager, Telecom Comores SA
- Mr. Khanal, Raj Ananda (Government, 3 terms)
Kathmandu, Nepal – Senior Director, National Telecommunication Authority
- Mr. Koubaa, Khaled (Private Sector, 1 term)
Tunis, Tunisia - Public Policy Manager, Facebook
- Mr. Ndoumba, Eric Armel (Government, 2 terms)
Congo - Advisor, Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and Digital Economy
- Ms. Mukanova, Ayazhan (Government, 1 term)
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan - Director of Department of International Cooperation, Zerde National Infocommunication Holding JSC
- Mr. Peake, Adam (Technical Community, 1 term)
Amsterdam, Netherlands – ICANN, Civil Society Engagement
- Ms. Peresson, Sophie (Private Sector, 1 term)
Paris, France - Director, International Chamber of Commerce Innovation for All Hub
- Mr. Perez, Ricardo Andres (Government, 3 terms)
Buenos Aires, Argentina – Director of Convergence and New Technologies, ICT Secretariat
- Ms. Roach, Carol (Government, 1 term)
Nassau, Bahamas - Acting Director, Department of Transformation and Digitization, Ministry of Finance Bahamas
Ms. Radsch, Courtney C., (Civil Society, 1 term)
United States - Advocacy Director, Committee to Protect Journalists
Ms. Rontal, Mary Rose Ofianga (Private Sector, 3 terms)
Davao City, Philippines – Founder and Director, Womenpowered Institute
- Mr. Sheikh, Liban Abdulkadir (Government, 2 terms)
Somalia - Head, National Communication Authority of Somalia, Licensing and Regulatory Department
- Mr. Seturi, Ucha (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Georgia - Executive Director, Small and Medium Telecom Operator's Association
- Ms. Sikingo, Alaa (Government, 3 terms)
Khartoum, Sudan - Network Security Engineer, Telecommunication and Post Regulatory Authority
- Ms. Tauchnitz, Evelyne (Civil Society, 1 term)
Switzerland - Centre for Technology and Global Affairs, University of Oxford; Institute for Social Ethics, University of Lucerne, Research Associate & Senior Researcher
- Mr. Tao, Xiaofeng (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Beijing, China - Member of the Consultative Committee on ICT for United Nations, China Association for Science and Technology; Professor, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Mr. Tungali, Arsene (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Lumbashi, DR Congo – Executive Director, Rudi International
- Mr. Zambrana, Roberto (Technical Community, 2 terms)
Bolivia – President, ISOC Chapter Bolivia
- Mr. Ji, Zhaoyu (Government, 2 terms)
China - Counsellor, Permanent Mission of China to the United Nations Office at Geneva and other International Organizations
Prospective IGF host countries:
- IGF 2023 - Designated Mr. Yoichi IIDA (Deputy Director General for G7 and G20 Relations, Global Strategy Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) as representative.
Alternate representative, Mr. Shinya TAHATA (Director for Internet Governance Policy, Telecommunications Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications).
The following former IGF host countries are also invited to attend and contribute to MAG meetings:
- Brazil - Designated Mr. Igor Resende (Deputy Head of the Information Society Division, on behalf of the Communication Ministry of Brazil) as representative.
- India - Designated Mr. Shri T. Santhosh (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India ) as representative.
- Egypt - Designated Ms. Christine Arida (Director of Telecom Services and Planning Division, National Telecom Regulatory Authority) as representative.
- Lithuania - Designated Mr. Arūnas Cijūnaitis (Director of Digital Agenda Department, Ministry of Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania) as representative.
- Kenya - Designated Mr. Dennis Chebitwey (Director of Public Communications, Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology of Kenya) as representative.
- Azerbaijan - Designated Mr. Rashad Azizov (Head of the Department of Innovative Development of the Information Society and e-Governance at the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of Azerbaijan) as representative.
- Indonesia - Designated: Mr. Semuel A. Pangerapan (Director General of Information and Communication Technology Application, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology); and Mr. Donny B. Utoyo (Coordinator of ICT Watch - Indonesia, assigned/designated by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology), as representatives.
- Turkey - Designated Mr. Muhammed Fatih Kafadar (Legal Coordinator at ICTA Turkey, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure) as representative.
- Brazil - Designated Mr. Hartmut Glaser (Executive Secretary at the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee) as representative.
- Switzerland - Designated Ms. Livia Walpen (Senior Policy Advisor International Relations, Swiss Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM), Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC)) as representative.
- Germany - Designated Mr. Heiko Wildner (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy) as representative.
Representatives of intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and European Commission:
- African Union (AU) - Mr. Adil Sulieman, African IGF Secretariat
- Council of Europe
- European Commission - Mr. Esteve Sanz
- European Broadcasting Union (EBU) - Mr. Jean-Paul Philippot, President and Mr. Nicola Frank, Head of Institutional and International Relations
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU) - Mr. Preetam Maloor, Senior Strategy and Policy Advisor
- UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - Mr. Cédric Wachholz, Programme Specialist, Communication and Information Sector, Knowledge Societies Division
- UN Global Pulse - Ms. Mila Romanoff, Legal and Privacy Specialist
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) - Mr. Victor Owade, External Relations Division
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA) - Mr. Ayman El-Sherbiny; Chief of ICT Policies Section; Ms. Mirna Barabar; Program Management Officer, ICT Policies Section; Ms. Zahr Bou-Ghanem; Research Assistant, ICT Policies Section
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - Ms. Lucia Russo, Policy Research and Advice, Digital Economy Policy Division
MAG Membership (2011-2020)
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2020
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2019
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2018
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2017
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2016
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2015
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2014
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2013
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2012
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2011
Annual Press Releases on MAG Renewal (2010-2020)
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2021 was issued on 17 November 2020.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2018 was issued on 8 October 2018.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2017 was issued on 27 February 2017.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2016 was issued on 23 March 2016.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2015 was issued on 12 November 2014.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2014 was issued on 10 January 2014.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2013 was issued on 10 May 2013.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2012 was issued on 25 April 2012.
- A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) was issued on 5 May 2010. [pdf] [rtf] [French-rtf][French-pdf].